5 June 2015

I'm at the Toronto Public Library

Well not me personally, but I'm there in the spirit of my words! The Gathering Darkness is now available in paperback at the  

Do you reside in Toronto? Just visiting? Stop by one of four libraries (click link for details) and check out my Young Adult novel, The Gathering Darkness.

Steeped in reincarnation, witches, fairy lore, mystery, and love, this dark and magical paranormal romance will capture both teens and adults and keep you glued to the pages. You may even have to sleep with a light on.


They say, "Third time's the charm," and for sixteen-year-old Brooke Day, they had better be right. She's been here before, twice in fact, and so has the darkness awaiting her return.

When Brook Day is forced to leave Boston for the village of Deadwich, she thinks her life is over. Before long, her new friends start acting strange—downright evil. But worse then that; nightmares she's had her whole life become reality.

Enter Marcus Knight. He's popular, hot and the only person Brooke can trust. Not to mention, they've shared the same nightmares.

As the equinox approaches...
Darkness and light merge for the first time in a century.
Soul-mates reunite.
Magic awakens.




Excerpt from Chapter Seven:

"A stick snapped beneath my foot echoing eerily through the trees. I jumped, and so did my heart. The sharp caw of a lone crow followed from somewhere up above the treetops, sending chills down my spine. I lifted my gaze but could see nothing through the thick canopy of twisted tree branches, but a few specks of darkening sky.

Unpleasant warmth seeped under my skin as the darkness came alive. I blinked away the trickle of moisture that ran down my forehead and into my eyes, stinging them, but I didn't move. My body was on lock-down now, as it always was in the face of my worst fear - the dark. It closed in on me, becoming thick and heavy. I was too terrified to move a muscle for fear the darkness would see me."

If you're in the Toronto area, check out my book - literally. I would love to see your pictures of where you found them - library - shelf - you reading to a pet. You can post them on my author Facebook page here: Facebook.

Here are a few places I found The Gathering Darkness first edition (old cover).

Store window in Chester, Nova Scotia.
At Chapters - Indigo, triangled between, Star Wars, Star Trek, and War Craft. Not a bad place to be, although they put my Young Adult Paranormal for teens in the fantasy section. But I wasn't complaining :)
 Bottom left in the teen section.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Love the pics. Good for you. Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Sparkles and Lightning